HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN
1. THE BIBLE SAYS EVERYONE SINS
- “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23
- “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick: who can understand it?” Jeremiah 17:9
2. THE BIBLE SAYS THAT SIN BRINGS DEATH
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
3. THE BIBLE SAYS THAT JESUS IS THE ANSWER TO SIN
- “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the Spirit:” 1 Peter 3:18
4. THE BIBLE SAYS THAT WE MUST REPENT
- “For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.” 2 Corinthians 7:10 (ESV)
5. THE BIBLE SAYS YOU CAN BE SAVED RIGHT NOW
- “Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13
The Bible is God’s Word, not our own ideas. We pray that after reading these five thoughts from God’s Word that you will believe God’s message to you. He gives free pardon of sin, and secure salvation. You don’t have to hope that God will save you or hope that someday you will go to Heaven; you can know for sure! The Bible says…
“These things have I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.” 1 John 5:13
I have a question for you:
If you were to die today, do you know where your soul will go for eternity?
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO BE SAVED:
- Admit that you need to be saved (“I am a sinner”).
- Be willing to repent (turn from) of your sins (“I repent of my sins”).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for you. (“I believe in you, Jesus”)
- Through prayer, invite Jesus to come into your heart and life (“I receive you Jesus as my Savior and Lord”).
“Dear Heavenly Father, I know I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died for my sins. I am willing to turn from sin in repentance. I now ask you Jesus, to come into my heart as my personal Savior. I am willing, by your grace and power, to follow and obey Jesus Christ as the Lord of my heart and life.”